Thursday, February 3, 2011

I am in God's hands

Tested and strengthened! Praise be to God! It is through some little things or statements made by my friends and those who are around me that the Lord train me and sustain me from day to day. Like today, I heard some poignant comments from my supervisor which directed to my personality. Hm... it doesn't sound much fun, but it is obvious that I need to learn.

If there is something I need to learn these days, it is about letting go, not taking offense. Peaceful indeed when I could appreciate whatever others choose and decide to say to us. Simply appreciate, without prejudice... listen and not attacking back... even if it is harsh criticism. I love the idea of appreciating freedom. My supervisor has his freedom of choice to say and to decide.. and in the grace of God, I also have freedom, that is freedom to love!

I am amazed that I have just realized it now, that letting go and holding no offense is really peaceful and liberating! So, it needs practice to simply listen and give attention to what others must say about us, regardless of its truth or falsehood... just accept it and trust the Lord!

And today, I was really excited with the Indonesian Literature course in which we discussed a lot of things about poem and litteratures. That makes me want to make some poems ;) but may be later on... :P:P I've been reading a very brilliant book that my Dad gave me, The Living God Volume I. Really really good book to read and inspiring! Just watched the Ostrov and that makes me want to pray!! :D

Thank you, Lord!

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

"…holding no offense is really peaceful and liberating!" Ameyn, Son, ameyn.

Give no offense, take no offense. Forgive everyone right away.

Think back to some situations that might not have seemed so horrible at the time, if you understood this then.

Yes, in full freedom receive and take.

A person may criticise you harshly, but he may or may not be right. Just listen and make the right choice.

You are on the right path, Son.