Monday, June 13, 2011

new opportunity

Praise the Lord that my university years has been accomplished, this is all because of His mercy and goodness. All the friendships and love that has been shared, both the crest and the valley of emotions, it has bee a really colorful journey and I am grateful for that. Very especially also for the provision from God, those whom He has sent me very mercifully! Lord is good and His mercy endures forever.


Now, however is time to move with another step in a slightly different setting. After being used to live in a conditioned environment of dormitory, I am living in a much more independent setting in 'real world'. There are much opportunity here and there to grow, to be more mature and to take appropriate role in the community and even in the life of the Church.

Sometimes living somehow by myself, having much privacy and freedom can be both challenge and privilege. Yes, especially when it relates to self-control in almost anything. So, I reflect this on the lives of those who are pleasing to God, how they live their young adult life and how they keep their heart clean before the Lord. I come to this brief axiom, "If this pleasure is against God's pleasure, I won't take it. Let my joy is only in pleasing Him." There are so much pleasures out there which this hedonistic world has to offer, but the real joy could only be found in the sweetest Lover of our Soul, Lord Jesus Christ in the life of Holy Trinity.

Glory to You, O God!

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

'If this pleasure is against God's pleasure, I won't take it. Let my joy be only in pleasing Him.'

Yes, Son, that is the way.

'How can a youth remain pure?
By behaving as Your Word prescribes…' (Psalm 119, bet).

http://jbpsalter.blogspot.com/2011/01/days-24-25-26-psalm-119.html

Tuhan memberkatimu, Nanda.