Monday, June 27, 2011

A Christian Teacher's prayer

In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen
Father in heaven, You love me and have taught me to love. Help me to share Your love with my students, their families and those who minister with me.
I need Your help, for without it I would have failed miserably long ago.
By Your Spirit empower me to teach Your children. This is a high calling filled with great responsibility.
Take my words, my actions, and my will and make them yours. May they always reflect Your joy and love.
I love Your Words. It gives me comfort and direction.
More than that, it shows me Your great love for me. It shows me Your Son, my Savior. It shows me how You love me in spite of my inadequacies and failures. Move me to read, study and meditate on Your Words. I need it. I love to teach it. I dedicate my life and my teaching to You.
Be with me every day, both in and out of my classroom.
I praise and thank You for giving me my abilities and my ministry as a teacher.
Use me as an instrument of Your will.
I rely on Your promise to stay beside me. Amen

*A beautiful prayer shared to me (us) in my first day of teachers training program at SDH (Sekolah Dian Harapan) Lippo Village, Jakarta.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Excellent prayer! May the Lord grant our requests in His name! Ameyn!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer!